Babylon 6 Project Invitation

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/

1. Akumaka

Akumaka Lawful Evil Community Manager

So apparently back in January (I really should check the RSI Forums more often) we received a private invitation to join a Space Station building project called Babylon 6. Their aim is to build a Space Station occupied by 32 different Organizations of different backgrounds/areas of interest and controlled by a Council of Representatives from each Organization. Below is the PM.

Likely they would want our Organization to help provide Security Services. What do you guys think of this offer? Or projects such as this in general?

2. StukaRT

StukaRT Well-Known Member Tarkov

Sounds like a good thing, i need to read up on the proposed mechanics but from the letter it sounds like with carriers you need to "run" your station 24/7 and protect it, so it makes sense to make it a consortium of corps running a station and to share the workload involved in maintaining it. Certainly we sure do want a base of operations in a longer term, though this would become more into focus way later when the universe is expanding and it will be more crucial for us to gather in one region. Also possible services connected to stations (think eve like) might be a good thing to have.

So in short yes, this sounds pretty nice though something for a slightly more distant future.

Akumaka likes this.
  3. Sovereign

Sovereign Support Officer PlanetSide 2

In principle this can be interesting. I am all for being part of something a lot bigger. Strong allies means we will be strong by proxy.

The problem is that nobody has any idea how anything will work in the persistent universe and people are just thinking that it will work like Eve Online (building space stations) and how CIG said how they want it to work.
    And neither of those have to come true.

That said, go for it. I expect the whole project to fail because I don't think you can really rely on people that much at this stage of the game. We don't even know how active WASP will be. Maybe there will be only 2 people playing it. Maybe there will be 30. We don't know this yet.

4. Akumaka

Akumaka Lawful Evil Community Manager

My only concern is that, if we dedicate ourselves to this now we are locking ourselves in unless something dramatic happens. I just want to ensure those interested in Star Citizen are alright with this agreement before giving them a response.

5. Rabbit

Rabbit Lawful Neutral Community Manager APB Citadel

I see no reason to do anything yet.

There is no game, there is no division, we have no actual playing members. I doubt this game will become anything remotely playable (beyond "oh, lets check out this feature once and be done with it") before the end of 2017.

All these other Orgs have never played as a community, it's just a bunch of people gathering around some ideas. Once the real game starts, real leadership problems and inter-member drama will hit them all. Luckily we already had all of that sorted in the last 6 years.

Also, you can't actually take over space stations... Not to mention they're instanced. Do these guys even know how the game works?

Let's wait for the game to start.

6. StukaRT

StukaRT Well-Known Member Tarkov

We have ppl playing though :wink: