Pending Tryout Dreadnought - Energy

Discussion in 'Applications' started by Energy, Oct 15, 2018.

1. Energy

Energy Registered User

Which game are you applying for? Dreadnought

Your Name: Steven

Description of yourself: I'm... not very good at this. So let's see if I can do this.

I'm nice, I articulate well, I've been a leader and a member of many communities, I'm honest, and I have history with the clan in APB. Played over a thousand hours Crim side fighting the heck out of you guys.

Have you read and understood our charter?

Previous Game Experience: APB Reloaded [Was designer for D4T4DR41N and later co-lead it.]
    HAWKEN [Founded and lead Protocol Black]
    Dreadnought [Just play.]
    WoW [Ran an RP/PVP guild for 4 years]
    Guns of Icarus Online [Piloted the heck out of some Zeppelins]
    Payday 2 [Infamy 3, Overdrill on Deathwish]
    War Thunder [Flew planes.]
    Crossout [Member of CLWN]

Clan(s) you have previously belonged to: Protocol Black
    D4T4Drain
    Akaan'Ade
    Might of Lordaeron
    CLWN

Reasons for leaving this/these clan(s): Some I'm still a member of.
    D4T4DR41N: The founder got really weird when he found out I was Hispanic so I left.
    Protocol Black is still a thing and I'm still a member.
    I passed Might of Lordaeron on after I left WoW. Got really MMOed out.
    Akaan'Ade: Left to join a better guild.
    CLWN: Still a member.

What does it mean to 'play honourably'? Not making baseless accusations. Throwing a "GG" when I feel the game was good. Offering and asking for help when it's needed. As a matter of fact I've asked many of you what mods you guys have on your weapons in APB before I learned the game well enough to build my own guns. Fight hard. Have fun.

Describe a situation that can annoy you in online gaming: Racism. Being talked over in casual conversation/debate.

Do you have a working microphone? (Required) Yes

Do you have TeamSpeak or are you able to install TeamSpeak? (Required) Yes

How did you hear about WASP Inc? I fought you guys for years in APB. Always hoped you'd start a crim clan.

Anything else you would like to add? Just hoping to be part of the club.

2. Energy

Energy Registered User

Whoops. Missed the charter part.

Yes I have.

3. Seadee

Seadee Chaotic Good Community Manager

@Energy

Hello, Pretty good application, though i don't believe we have anyone playing Dreadnought at the moment at least not in a way that would result in good probationer feedback, are there any other games you play on a daily basis that you could do so with our members in order to get a feel of how you fit in?

we take probations seriously, not as some crazy roleplay type thing but purely to see if potential members fit in with the rest of us, it's just as awkward for us when we have to boot someone who later turns out to be a trouble maker.

tl:dr - Nice app, do you know anyone in WASP already or play any other games?

4. mattskoii

mattskoii Sgt. Major APB Citadel APB Jericho

I play Dreadnought

Seadee likes this.
  5. Seadee

Ah Excellent! Fancy taking @Energy for a spin and see if he is a fit?

6. mattskoii

I can, However i haven't really played much in awhile lol but still yes i can take him for a spin.

Seadee likes this.
  7. Energy

Energy Registered User

I'm free all day.

8. Energy

Energy Registered User

I saw this post on the Dreadnought forum.

https://www.greybox.com/dreadnought/en/forum/topic/133235/ by Mattskoii.

I also got back into APB, but I play Crim side. I do have an Enforcer, but he is Rating 29 and I can't even mod my Hoplite with the mods I'm used to. Nor my character mods for that matter. Other than that, the Division, but I restarted.

Seadee likes this.
  9. Energy

Energy Registered User

I added you in game in Dreadnought.

10. Seadee

Ah that's fair enough then :grinning: @mattskoii should be able to give you a Trial (just a few games to see if you two get along!) then we can see about setting you up as a probationer.

Our probations then last on average a month, at the end of that the members vote, an officer then decides on the outcome and you are either welcomed in permanently or asked to leave (if you are normal to nice, proactive and friendly, then you shouldnt have any issues)

11. Energy

Energy Registered User

Give me some times to be available and I'll see what work has me doing. I'm usually off at least one weekend day and any time after 10:30pm EST.

Seadee likes this.
  12. mattskoii

Well i live in Australia so idk how we're gonna juggle timezones to do a tryout but we'll figure something out.

13. Energy

Energy Registered User

Wanna add me on steam?

14. Energy

Energy Registered User

15. Energy

Energy Registered User

So. I'm pretty patient. Like, no rush at all, but I'll throw two things out. If it would be quicker and you guys would allow it, could I do my try out on APB? (Be lenient me lord. I've grown very used to my character mods and weapon set ups across the 1000+ hours I've played APB so the K/D may reflect that.)

A little insight into me as a gamer in the mean time. I'm not very good on my own in non support roles. In MMOs I'm typically a tank or healer and in PVP I am very successful by myself in PUBs. In Dreadnought I fly exclusively Tac cruisers. Very successful in PUBs. In Hawken I was top 600 in the world and was second Technician in the World and maintained that ranking from the time I attained it to the time I left the game. A span of about 9 months.

APB has no such classes. I do have Focal Dystonia which causes me hands to shake so I'm not and expert marksman. In shooters I am only really useful in a team scenario. I rely on solid communication to try and get an edge on my opponents. I make an excellent point-man with an NFAS or a great scout with the Obey (I forget the actual gun) Hoplite/Broadside. I can and have competed at high levels of play in APB.

D4T4DR41N in 2014 was a small crim clan especially compared to WASP so we saw much more of you that you did of us. But. We were the only crim clan that was not afraid to go against WASP. In fact, I'd put my money on us being the only Crim clan in 2014 was trading evenly with WASP without hacking. It was fun being hackused by hackers. "Na bruh. I know you're hacking cause I'm hacking and I know what it looks like." I was part of the best and I got to go toe to toe with best and feel accomplished win or lose. It was always a GG no matter what.

I miss the above. The self made rivalry. Those are the guys to beat and we're the guys to beat them. We pushed ourselves based on that competition. At least my cricle within D4T4DR41N did because might recognizes might.

If WASP truly does move to Dreadnought I want in on the ground floor. And that selfish side of me is looking to get an in for APB when the engine update launches. Those are my motives in black and white. And hopefully black and white and yellow.

Seadee likes this.
  16. Seadee

@Energy Hola, the problem isnt your application, any other time and you'd be snapped up right away.

it's just the activity on the NA side at the moment appears to be at an all time low, APB on NA particularly.

You are welcome to jump on our discord and see if anyone is online when you are.

you can also join our Teamspeak

Server address: ts3.wasp-inc.com
    Server IP: 37.139.8.9
    * if the DNS doesn't work (it takes time for it to update around the world), use the IP address
    Guest Password: waspguest

you wont be able to do much as a guest, but you will be able to be pulled into channels by our members.

again, your application is solid, it's just a matter of activity in your timezone.