Looking For some Games

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by VLindemann, Aug 22, 2018.

1. VLindemann

VLindemann I'm the Juggernaut, Bitch. DotA 2

Hey there goodfellas can someone recommend me a game with good story i'm kinda in a haze now can't play online games cause satellite internet and played lots of other games that i don't want to play again I'm looking for something new even RPG Maker , indie , oldies but goldies are fine.Just give me something that i will spend my couple of days on it or even better a week or even much better a month.Thanks.Forgot to add i only have PC.

2. wasp.Peter_Lustiger

wasp.Peter_Lustiger QQ Bob DotA 2

In terms of excellent storytelling you should give both "Life is Strange" games a try. And "The Witcher 3" of course. Oldschool games with amazing stories: Planescape Torment and The Baldur's Gate series. Latter will keep you busy for several months.

3. TheDesertFox

TheDesertFox Chaotic Lawful DotA 2

You could try Zero Escape: The Nonary Games, a blend of visual novel and escape room type puzzles. TL;DR you and 8 other people are kidnapped by a guy named zero and you're forced to play his "game", you have to escape by exploring the facility he trapped you into and solving his puzzles.

Star Wars Knights of the old republic, I and II , both great rpgs you can be a sith, jedi, neutral, w/e. Nice story as well.

If you want an rpg maker indie, try To the Moon completely story driven and whatnot.

If you want a game that will last you hours upon hours XCOM: Enemy Unknown or XCOM 2 are very nice turn based strategy games, made by Firaxis( they made civ)

That's all I got for now

DO NOT PLAY LIFE IS STRANGE TUMBLR.

4. Meraun

Meraun Jinxster and a decent sprayer and prayer Game Night

KCD is a good one. If you like Strategy i woud go Stellaris all the Way. Or TW:Warhammer II if you like the Univers.

Frostpunk and Banished for Surival Strategy. Banished is my Secret in love game.

5. Meraun

Meraun Jinxster and a decent sprayer and prayer Game Night

If you wanna go Old School: go for Gothic I,II and III. They are old but fuck, so golden.

OH: i forget the Best, but only with a Story in your Head M&B Warband with one of the hundreds Overhauls out there. My favorite is Prophesy of Pendor

6. fabo

fabo Active Member

"Faster than light" or FTL for short can sink a shitload of hours. It can run on all kind of pcs and laptops.
    Darkest Dungeon is also a good hit.
    These are on the top of my mind for now.

TheDesertFox likes this.
  7. Seadee

Seadee Chaotic Good Community Manager

if you like RTS, Homeworld is a great story.

Otherwise, Monkey Island or Grim Fandango

Meraun, OuchMaKeR and fabo like this.
  8. fabo

fabo Active Member

Yea! Homeworld Remastered got out a few years ago. It's old but gold type of game.
    Also the expansion Homeworld Cataclysm was the first strategy horror story i played :grinning:, you can play the expansion but its with the old 2001 graphics. They said they lost the source code and couldn't remake the expansion. Good story though.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2018
    Seadee likes this.
  9. Sentinel

Sentinel APB Citadel Division Support Officer Support Officer APB Citadel

If you haven't played the Assassins Creed series...that would be one of my recommendations.

I would say play Assassins Creed 2, Brotherhood and Revelations and in that order, gameplay just gets better with each game and story is also a lot of fun.

Cneph likes this.
  10. wasp.Peter_Lustiger

Black Flag and the recent one "Origins" are also quite good.

11. Sentinel

True...Origins was refreshing but i have played every single AC game and frankly, i was burnt out lol. But my most fun were the ones i mentioned above.

12. OuchMaKeR

OuchMaKeR Sergeant Major APB Jericho

Monkey Freakin' Island! Hells yes!!

I recommend Fallout games and The Forest.

13. fabo

fabo Active Member

WASTELAND 2 has a great story and it's a really good RPG

14. VLindemann

Played Both LiS waiting for second season.Played the Witcher series as well

I didn't played the Zero Escape so that's 1.Played the old republic back in the day and to the moon and its sequel made me cry like a bitch.Played XCOM 1 when it came out but didn't checked the second game might finish the series again so that's a 2.

Finished Kingdom Come.I did played stellaris but didn't got much into it i guess I'm more of a history buff.Total War series i love but never got in to warhammer franchise dont know the lore history or anything.

Played the old Gothic series as well didn't finished them though i was a pleb back then.Warband on the other hand i've been playing that game with Floris mod for 6 years now.

Homeworlds did intrigued me back then when i first saw the trailer but then i forgot all bout it thx for reminding me that's a 3.Moneky Island and Grim Fandango i did finish great story on both of them.

AC games those were to good shit back in the day.Ezio is still my fav.I didn't like the direction the series was going afer Rogue.Unity and the London one didn't gave me the thrill that other ones did but Origins my god they did an awesome work on that finished it took me 2 weeks.

Fallout and Skyrim Spent thousands of hours into those.The Forest i need friends for that and stable connection i ain't going solo in to that world.

Wasteland omg the nostalgia the classic one so many memories i didn't knew there were a second one definitely checking that out so that's a 4.

TL;DR

Zero Escape
    XCOM 1 and 2
    Homeworlds
    Wastelands 2
    FTL

5 games i'm definitely checking out.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2018
    Meraun and fabo like this.
  15. VLindemann

Forgot your reply Darkest Dungeon is one of my fav.quirks and depressions ocd problems that i need check every room and every little thing.Going in dark for extra loot.FTL on other hand i've heard but never tried it and your description of ''shitload of hours'' made me interested. and thats a 5

fabo likes this.
  16. wasp.Peter_Lustiger

In terms of oldschool games you should also check out Planescape: Torment and it's inoffical sequel "Tides of Numenera". And of course the "Divinity" games...

17. fabo

fabo Active Member

Oh yea, old school rpg - NOX.

I remember I beat the game 5 times with different characters back in 2001. No idea how good it will feel now days.

Seadee likes this.
  18. Sentinel

If are feeling like getting rekt by a bunch of NPCs ..there is always the Souls Series :grinning:

19. Seadee

Seadee Chaotic Good Community Manager

NOX is great AND people still play Multiplayer for it!

http://noxcommunity.com/forum/index.php

fabo likes this.
  20. Coyote

Coyote bark commander. bark! bark! APB Jericho

did you try undertale?

edit: my nogging started working after posting.

did you try the orwell saga (orwell: keeping an eye on you and orwell: ignorance is strenght) ?

"papers, please" and "va-11 hall-a" are also cool