PC Build advice

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Xplicit, Mar 4, 2017.

1. Xplicit

Xplicit Member

hey guys .I'm planning on buying a budget pc in the next days and i would like some advice on the parts that i chose for now and if they work with each other .so what i got by now is :
    -Corsair NEW VS Series VS450 power suply
    -1 x HyperX Fury Black 8GB DDR4 2133MHz CL14 Dual Channel Kit
    -MSI B150M PRO-VDH mother board
    -SilentiumPC Regnum RG1W Window Pure Black case
    -GIGABYTE Radeon RX 470 WindForce 4GB DDR5 256-bit gpu
    -Core i3 7100 3.9GHz box cpu
    -LED AOC I2369VM 23 inch 5ms silver monitor

Please keep in mind that my budget is fairly low so dont recomend things that cost a lot more .I'm planning on buying it in order to upgrade in time when I get some more money.Thank you

edit : the total for now is 694.79 euros

2. Sentinel

Sentinel APB Citadel Division Support Officer Support Officer APB Citadel

Are you building a new PC with a new tower and hard disk etc ? or just upgrading the existing one?

3. Xplicit

Xplicit Member

fully new pc , only have and the 240 gb ssd that i'm curently using in my laptop to put in

4. Sentinel

I wouldn't suggest an i3 for gaming, the processor you are getting only has a 3MB cache, go for an i5 or an i7 its might be like 50$ more but its quite good, here is one

5. Morte

Morte Walking Death

Socket doesn't match, Motherboard has a Intel 1511 while the CPU you linked is a Intel 1150.
    The i5 6500 is a 1511 socket, but the price difference is quite a lot between the two.

https://gyazo.com/9d04e14bede5358ebfe0e1321bb24b70 <- CPU

https://gyazo.com/b00e2da7dde7f9894ae467d089c4ff5e <- Mobo

Note: Why does amazon link appear automatically with media tags?

Last edited: Mar 5, 2017
  6. Sentinel

Motherboards are no big deal, you can get a Gigabyte or Asus for pretty cheap.

7. Rabbit

Rabbit Lawful Neutral Community Manager APB Citadel

TmRNL, Seadee and Xplicit like this.
  8. Xplicit

Xplicit Member

ok so i decided to put bit more money in the cpu and will prob get the i5 7400 3ghz one
    .I see that the soket should be ok this time.Anything else i should worry about regarding the rest of the build?Oh and i picked the v650 source to be sure i dont lack power with the 450 one
    Thanks a lot for the help btw

Last edited: Mar 5, 2017
  9. Crusa

Crusa Misuki's Master CS:GO

3 ghz is a really really low clock speed

and your graphics card requires atleast a 500W psu but since you're not going to overclock you probably wont need more than 500-550W
    also i'd get atleast a gold certified psu, generates alot less heat than say a bronze certified psu

10. Xplicit

Xplicit Member

yeah , the new psu that i chose has 650w and is gold certified so this should be fine .the thing with the cpu is that i really cant afford to put more money in it and having to chose between the i3 3.9 and the i5 3.0 i chose the later one.Ofc that im going to consider upgrading in the future with a new mother board and a top of the line cpu but that will take a bit more (1-2 years).As long as what i chose runs most game for a year or two and permits future upgrades i'm totally fine with what i can get so far.The only thing that i want to be certain for now is that what i chose is the best thing i can get for that money and that there is no bottleneck.

edit: in the meantime i also chose to pick the rx480 8 gb instead of the 470 .From what i saw in the benchmarks its a really solid gpu for that cost and shouldnt have any problems in running enything for a while

11. Crusa

Well thing is, your cpu is likely gonna bottleneck your gpu, downgrading a bit on the gpu and getting the i5 7500 3.4ghz would be much better imo

12. Sentinel

Actually 3.0 Ghz is not really that slow, i underclocked my i5 4670 3.4Ghz CPU to 2.8 Ghz to reduce heat dispense and it still performs just the same with very minor difference in loading times. I played games like Batman: AK, DS3, Witcher 3, AC: Syndicate, Watch Dogs 2 and APB.

13. Crusa

it is pretty slow, especially if you play cs with it.

And how do you even manage to play apb with a 2.8 ghz clock speed, the game is shit at using quad cores so having a low clock speed must be stuttery as hell. And most of the games you listed are not very cpu intense except for Witcher 3 which has like 3.3 ghz set as minimum requirement and i can barely get a stable 60 on 1080 with a 4690k on 4.3 and a gtx 770 in it.

14. Comrade Vodka

Comrade Vodka Zerky is bae | Support/Rifler for Team Chrysis CS:GO

No it's not in 99% of cases. CPU is RARELY the bottleneck so underclocking it wouldn't pose an issue.

In CS it's low but yea, that's an exception rather than the norm.

- APB is an exception, not the norm.
    - if you say the games he lists aren't very CPU intensive you're basically already agreeing that 3.0GHz isn't low for what he does.
    - You're comparing the witcher 3, a demanding as balls title, to everything else. Also the fact that you can barely get stable 60 has FAR more to do with your 770 than your 4690k

Also stop looking at just clock speeds, if clock speeds were king AMD would rule the market and they don't.

15. Sentinel

What? CS demands extremely less, I am sure i can play CS by underclocking my CPU to 2.3 or 2.5 GHz and still get 60 stable FPS. (maybe not 120 fps but i cant test that anyway)

I have a NVIDIA 970 Graphics card which really helps a lot with my performance but I am also not claiming i get a constant 60 fps, but almost 90% of my games do run at 60 fps with FPS drops when I am moving while areas are loading etc. Also believe it or not, i got better performance on APB after underclocking my CPU than when i ran the game with 3.4 Ghz.

16. Comrade Vodka

Please tell me this is a kappa.

17. Raikou

Raikou Well-Known Member APB Citadel CS:GO

Last edited: Mar 6, 2017
    Sentinel likes this.
  18. Comrade Vodka

19. Sentinel

Have you even seen the minimum requirement for CSGO ? Its a Core 2 Duo processor and 2 GB RAM? I am talking about under-clocking a 4th Gen i5 processor with 8GB RAM on my PC. Do the math buddy :smiley:

20. Comrade Vodka

It was more about saying that you could hit stable 60 in a game where you want 128+ at ALL times (assuming you play on the superior 128 tick servers)

My statement had nothing to do with capability, only relevance.

Sentinel likes this.