Accepted Skottniss

Discussion in 'Applications' started by Skottniss, Jun 8, 2019.

1. Skottniss

Skottniss New Member Probationer DotA 2

Your Name: Sigmund (I'll change my steam name to that in a bit, "Skottniss" is just some absurd name I made up a few years ago)

Age (Minimum 18): soon 22

Dota 2 Friend ID: 38116737

Description of yourself: Soon-to-be nurse (bachelor)
    Been depressed to various degrees since forever. Tried to kill myself quite a few times... the usual stuff. Was diagnosed with BPD a few years ago, but I've gone through therapy so I'm relatively ok now.

I usually don't talk much. I have social anxiety, but I also think there is much wisdom in principles such as "do not speak more than is neccesary" (propagated by the ancient stoics, Buddha, et cetera)

What is your MMR? (solo and team) Archon 4 solo, uncalibrated party.

Have you read and understood our charter? Yes

Previous Game Experience: Dota 3k+ hours
    A bunch of other computer and console games... been playing various games as long as I can remember.

Clan(s) you have previously belonged to: Wasp

Reasons for leaving this/these clan(s): Had much going on, and thought gaming was a "waste of time", so to speak. Maybe it still is. But I'll probably play anyway. Dota is less waste of time than watching crappy netflix shows, and I do that too...

Do you have a working microphone? (Required) Yes

Do you have TeamSpeak or are you able to install TeamSpeak? (Required) Yes

What does it mean to 'play honourably'? Stand up against flaming, no matter who is being yelled at.
    Constructive criticism is one thing, but when people say they are just "pointing out mistakes" they're not exactly doing so in a constructive way...

Describe a situation that can annoy you in online gaming: I try not to get annoyed at anything, but of course losing, and getting blamed when I'm doing my best, is not all that fun.

How did you hear about WASP Inc? Used to be a member

Anything else you would like to add? Won't have endless amount of time to play, of course. Next week I'll be away from thursday evening to sunday morning (volunteering). But up until then I have a decent amount of time. Since I already know a few of you this probably isn't an issue.

I'll be studying 150% during the summer, and I also have numerous other projects. After the probation period I'll try to limit my gaming to 1-3 games per day (with exceptions), otherwise I'll probably end up addicted, which will ultimately end with me stopping playing (again).

I could write a whole lot more but, it's probably not neccesary. If anyone wants to ask anything, ask on (here or someplace else). I can talk about practically anything - including (but not limited to) mental illness and all of it's brutality. But, as I said, I don't speak much (unless spoken to).

I prefer playing support (4-5), and disprefer playing mid, but I can play any role if neccesary. Haven't played in a very long time though, so I'm a bit rusty when it comes to hero-picking, itemization etc.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2019
  2. RyuuTDF

RyuuTDF Nicebob Ross Division Commander DotA 2

You have been accepted as a probationary member of WASP Inc (again :skeletonbait:).
    Also, if you want to change your name on the forums as well, I can arrange that after your probation.

Your probation will last for 2 weeks. In these two weeks the members of the Dota 2 division will review your activity and your personality. To successfully complete your probation you should try and get to know everyone, so they have a proper insight on what they should write in their reviews. Don't hesitate to ask them for game invites or to join them in conversation.

To play with us you will need to download and install TeamSpeak 3 and join our TS server.
    TeamSpeak info can be found here: https://wasp-inc.com/forums/index.php?threads/teamspeak-information.3/
    Syncing TS3 with your forum account: https://wasp-inc.com/forums/index.php?threads/how-to-teamspeak-permissions.289/
    When you join our TeamSpeak look for either @RyuuTDF , @TKottje , @Agravaine for an introductory talk.