So I went out for a pack of smokes...

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by funkyphil, Dec 31, 2020.

1. funkyphil

funkyphil Smooth Operator APB Jericho

... and haven't been back for an undisclosed amount of years. I think it's about time for my annual check-in! What's going on? How is everybody? What's new? Has the APB engine been updated yet?

Good seeing you all again. Put that sweet nostalgia directly in to my veins.

I'm going to try to be more visible, however no guarantees that I won't pack up and vanish in to the night.

--phil.

Akumaka likes this.
  2. Wolfgart

Wolfgart Sgt. Major APB Citadel

absolutely no clue at all

3. funkyphil

funkyphil Smooth Operator APB Jericho

Very informative. Thank you.

4. Wolfgart

Wolfgart Sgt. Major APB Citadel

5. Neez

Neez Active Member APB Jericho

They put out a roadmap for 2021. They just hired some outside Unreal Engine consultants to fix the bugs and optimize the game while their developers focus on reworking the game engine to make it look better. They did 5 open Beta's of the new APB 2.1 engine so it's not smoke and mirrors, it's really getting close to launch. They expect the game to launch in 2021 and they actually have a marketing budget for it closer to launch.

Also, they're going to unify the servers to allow some level of crossplay and your account will carry across continent servers like EU players can bring their account to North American servers etc.... You can all meet up in the same Social district with EU, NA, Asia, and even Console players. Social will get crazy!!!!!! Hopefully, allow the sale of items like custom clothing and things like that across platforms and servers.

I think the biggest downfall for APB reloaded was that you needed a decent computer to play it. With technology advancing, lower spec computers getting better and Next-Gen Consoles finally being sold. Then combine that with new optimizations of APB 2.1, it's a perfect storm for APB to strike back and grow it's player base in 2021.

6. Admiration

Admiration New Member APB Citadel

well said man. I always had to bear through the horrible fps as a kid, and somehow did and stuck with the game. Nowadays I in general kinda lost the feeling for the game, but even now the lagspikes and freezes litteraly irritate me so much. Great analysis