Some people just better stick to Call of Duty games XD

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by AlexSlesh, Feb 27, 2019.

1. AlexSlesh

AlexSlesh MASTER SERGEANT SHOOTER SERGEANT PERSON! APB Citadel

From comments under "Metro Exodus" video:
    -"Just finished this game literally a min ago it was pretty good but to short for my liking and the ending was eh but the story was really good tho."
    -"Well it all depends if you explore those side missions and there are 2 endings idk which one you got"
    -"I got the one where you die and I didn’t Evan know there were side missions how do you get side missions I just followed the map and I went wherever it showed me I didn’t see marks on the map that are side missions"

2. AlexSlesh

This also reminded me of one negative Steam review for Skyrim, in which author complained, that after exiting initial tutorial area, he appeared in the middle of a forest and he began to walk through that forest and there was just forest and nothing to do, so he quit the game. XD

3. Sentinel

Sentinel APB Citadel Division Support Officer Support Officer APB Citadel

There is a bit of truth towhat they were saying about side missions in Metro Exodus, they are not like other games like Skyrim or Witcher where side missions are tracked as objectives, they are just ? marks on the map. And the voice lines are either done through radio or you just hear people talking in these areas, no cutscene conversations take place (afai have seen).

So the guy thinking there are no side missions in the game is fair.

4. Sentinel

The Skyrim one that is too extreme lol, how could he possibly not know where to go, the objective tracker is right on the top of the screen.

5. AlexSlesh

Metro Exodus is a game about exploration. Scouting the area with binoculars, spotting interesting places, searching these places for loot and interesting encounters. But this guy did none of that, he just went directly to objective marker, killing everyone on the way and got his bad ending. I mean, when you see a big open area around you, don't you feel a bit curious about what it can offer? But some people only care about objective marker and a straight path to it, so they better stick to linear games, like Call of Duty, to avoid disappointment.

6. Seadee

Seadee Chaotic Good Community Manager

Kids these days need to track side missions, in my day we couldnt even track MAIN missions, you had to have a fucking notepad and write down coordinates by hand!

StukaRT and Akumaka like this.
  7. Akumaka

Akumaka Lawful Evil Community Manager

Ah man, those were the days. Even in vanilla World of Warcraft, you'd have to carefully read the Quest Descriptions and then reconcile descriptions like "A tree north of the Stevenson Farmstead" with your map. Most likely you hadn't even FOUND that farmstead yet.

8. Crusa

Crusa Misuki's Master CS:GO

tbf there was also Thottbot and wowhead and good ol' QuestHelper add-on before it got integrated to the game, atleast when i started in early TBC there was.

fucking oblivion is confusing as fuck tho, atleast when i was younger

9. Sentinel

I enjoyed this bit in AC: Odysseyexploration mode where they give you island's name, town within that island and a general direction of where your objective is. You have to head there and use your eagle vision to find the objective. It was a neat change. There even added dialogue lines so your character can ask NPC for directions.

10. TheDesertFox

TheDesertFox Chaotic Lawful DotA 2

Or maybe the side content is poorly designed and provides no proper incentive to go through it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I find it kinda funny when people judge how other people play a game