Split voice & game audio for ecording

Discussion in 'Media' started by StukaRT, May 24, 2018.

1. StukaRT

StukaRT Well-Known Member Tarkov

Anyone any experience with virtual audio cables and voicemeter? I can find only tutorials for various cases of seperating audio fro streaming, but what i want to do ist to split TS/Discord from game Audio but record both with OBS into my MP4 file as seperate Audio so i can use them in Adobe Premiere as different tracks. I whonder if this is even possible and if so how? Anyone got a nice tutorial for this use case?

2. clarry

clarry Well-Known Member APB Citadel

Sorry for the late reply, but it's definitely possible in a couple of ways. Nvidia's Shadowplay software gives you the option to record separate audio tracks for mic and desktop audio, for OBS the possibilities are a lot more sophisticated.

[​IMG]

Here you can select which audio tracks you want to show up in the recording (up to 6)

In the normal OBS window you click one of the little gear buttons and press "advanced audio properties":

[​IMG]

Here you can now select which audio device you want to appear on which track in the resulting output:

[​IMG]

As you can see here my arrangement is that I have mixed audio in the first track (so I can still enjoy the file when playing it in a media player), track 2 is only the desktop / game audio and track 3 is only the mic audio.

If you have Teamspeak set to output to a virtual Line device in VAC, you can add the device and it will also appear in this selection and you can put it on a separate track.

You can download an example file I made with this configuration here: http://pixelbanane.de/yafu/3270938990/2018-07-25+12-45-52.mp4

As you can see, it has three tracks as we expected from the configuration above:

[​IMG]

And of course, a proper video editing software such as Adobe Premiere Pro will happily lay out the tracks contained in the file on separate audio tracks in the editor:

[​IMG]

Have fun!

3. StukaRT

StukaRT Well-Known Member Tarkov

Awesome thank you, will give this a try.