On Hold Wasp Clan Application - Spheri

Discussion in 'Applications' started by Spheri, Apr 25, 2020.

1. Spheri

Spheri Registered User

Name: Nick

Provide a link to your Steam profile: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198035031991/
    (My settings are set to private, if this needs to be on public or something, let me know.)

Do you wish to clarify/elaborate on any previous bans?
    I have never been banned in any games, and will hopefully never be banned.

Description of yourself: Been an avid gamer ever since the early 2000's. APB Reloaded was a game I got heavily invested in and saw it collapse by G1. Now that LO's picking up some heat, I picked up APB again as the infamous engine upgrade is almost here.

There's not much to me, I'm tactical. I like having fun in videogames, and winning usually is fun. I like being tactical with friends and securing a victory while sweating. While not big I used to be in a League of Legends group that played competitively for prizes. Achieving that hard-earned victory is something I lust for again, but then in APB.
    In short, I want a challenge, but not by my self anymore.

Some off-topic information:
    I speak English on a national level, as I travel to America quite often. There have been plans of me moving.

Age (Minimum 18): 23

Character Name: Spheri (Enforcer)

Have you read and understood our charter? Yes

Character Rating (Minimum 100): 255

Threat Level (Minimum Gold): Gold

Previous Game Experience: I've mainly been an MMORPG player, so all the "F2P" and Buy2play MMO's were my thing. Tera, Dragon's Nest, Elsword, Runescape, Black Desert Online and Blade n Soul.
    (I stopped playing MMO's entirely ever since I learned how to spend my money better.)
    Then I moved on to League of Legends where I learned how to be competitive while swapping to APB not much later on. That means I'm not from the RTW era, but rather mid G1. I remember the introduction of HVR's Scouts, but that's about it.
    Nowadays I play VR games if not APB.

Clan(s) you have previously belonged to: Technically none, I had a bunch of friends and we made a joke clan once in a while but not a serious one.
    (The Hacker Federation, as we were playing during the time where hacks and cheats were very common, and instead of caring if they were hacking or if people said we were, we just played and tried to have fun no matter what we were up against.)
    Reasons for leaving this/these clan(s): We all grow older, and some people have moved on. Most of my friends were much older than me, and while I'm still pretty young, the others are reaching their mid thirties and can't play as much anymore as we used to.

What are your preferred Weapons, Role and Tactics?
    I'm close and personal. Every close range weapon is my weapon. Shotguns, sub machine guns are my preferred weapons. My favorite weapon will always remain the whisper though. (OCA-Whisper)

Do you have a working microphone? (Required)
    Yes, a really good one. With Nvidia RTX I can even run a fan in the background and have 0 background audio. I'm very dedicated to good audio, I picked this up during my League of Legends days where communication is more important sometimes than personal skill.

Do you have TeamSpeak or are you able to install TeamSpeak? (Required) Yes, although by lurking other threads I've noticed you may have swapped to Discord. So have I.

What does 'playing honorably' mean to you? No cheating whatsoever. Be humble in victory and gracious in defeat. I dislike chatting in videogames (text) because it's unnecessary during missions or after. This excludes the Social District.
    However, I think playing things that are strong because of balance patches and sticking to these things is not Honorable, but adapting to the meta.

Describe a game play scenario or tactic that makes you angry/annoyed/upset:
    This is probably going to sound hypocritical of me as I'm trying to apply to a clan, but being called in against another clan. Do hear me out though.
    It's an APB-specific scenario that may sound familiar. But being opposed against a 4-man clan while they clearly have the upper hand. This does not apply to every person grouping up, as mentioned before I love a challenge but it still has to be within limits.
    So what frustrates me? The fact that our team could've won if we had the tools to communicate with each other properly. (Decent voice comms.)
    This whole time I've been trying to improve myself and "carry harder." , but what I've been looking for were people to achieve this victory with. Ever since I came back by myself I've lost that sense of pride and accomplishment. That feeling frustrates me. Even if we win I've nobody really to laugh with or experience joy.

How did you hear about WASP Inc?
    Well if you've been in APB for a while, you'll notice a certain few clans being better than the others. This applies to Criminals and Enforcers.
    When it comes to Enforcers, WASP is that one clan we've all heard of.

Anything else you would like to add?
    I was actually planning to apply last year, but I never got to it cause I thought I wasn't going to be loyal enough.
    This year, I know I will. My studies are over now so I've got time off when I'm not working.
    I know you're not recruiting right now, but once you do I hope I'll be accepted. There's a recent surge in players coming, and I hope we as veterans of the game can actually guide them too. When you're opposed against Wasp you won't be frustrated, and when you're playing with WASP you feel confident.

Last edited: May 12, 2020
    Exdivilation, Void and skendes like this.
  2. Captain Curry

Captain Curry APB Citadel Division Officer Division Officer APB Citadel

Hey @Spheri

Your application has been put on hold. We will process your application once we re-open the recruitment.

Last edited: May 13, 2020